Have you ever wondered how many people know about NFTs and/or plan to invest in them? A recent study by Bybit surveyed 2,002 US adults to answer this kind of question. Bybit is a cryptocurrency trading platform and while this survey has a limited sample size, there are several key insights we can draw from the results.
- Under ten million adults in the US have traded NFTs.
- One in twelve US adults plan to trade NFTs in the future.
- Almost nine in ten US adults have never traded NFTs and don’t currently plan to.
- US adults between the ages of 18 and 24 are most likely to have traded NFTs.
- US adults between the ages of 25 and 34 is the age group most likely to plan to buy and sell NFTs in the future
- 40.1% of US adults have heard of NFTs and understand what they are.
The amount of research that covers topics like NFT sentiment will definitely increase over time, and Neustreet plans to contribute to that wider body of research.
This survey from Bybit is a good way to see the direction of how NFTs are evolving across the US. Younger people seem to be the most interested and actively participating in the NFT market. A decent chunk of US adults have heard of NFTs, though we wonder if they have a true understanding of the technology. As the percentage of the total population exposed to NFTs increases, there is going to be a growing need for more content, information, and education on the topic of NFTs.